- - Cristina García-Peri Álvarez (External independent Director)
- - Marcelino Botín-Sanz de Sautuola y Naveda (External dominical Director)
- - Teresa Martín-Retortillo Rubio (External independent Director)
- - Álvaro Álvarez-Alonso Plaza (External independent Director)
- - Gloria Calvo Díaz (Secretary/no Director)
The Appointments, Sustainability and Corporate Governance Committee shall be composed of a minimum of three and a maximum of seven Directors, nominated by the Board of Directors at the Committee´s proposal. Committee members are appointed for two-year terms which are automatically renewable. The Committee Chairman will summon the Chairman and the Bank's executive directors to attend the Committee, without prejudice to the faculty of the Committee to meet by itself.
The main functions of the Appointments, Sustainability and Corporate Governance Committee are, among others, the following :
- - To propose the appointment, re-election or dismissal of independent directors and members of the committees of the Board of Directors.
- - To advise on the nomination of the Chairman, Vice-president, the CEO, the Secretary of the Board of Directors and Senior management..
- - To know and to discuss executive Directors and Senior management´s annual evaluation of professional practice.
- - Other duties provided by the Board Regulations.
In addition to exercising the typical functions of the Appointments, Sustainability and Corporate Governance Committee under the provisions in force and the most widely accepted recommendations relating to Corporate governance, this collegiate body deals with functions such as the evaluations of the Board and its committees or defining future succession plans of the Chairman and executive directors.